Terms and Conditions for Spring Break Amsterdam Festival a trading name of MEGA Festivals Ltd.
The information on these pages is important. It explains the responsibilities and obligations undertaken by all parties when booking with Spring Break Amsterdam. When you, being the signatory to the booking or the lead name and acting on behalf of other members of your party, make a booking with Spring Break Amsterdam and it is accepted, a contract is legally made with obligations and rights on your side and ours, as set down below which, unless agreed in writing by each of us, cannot be changed nor be undermined by any verbal understanding.
Unauthorised use of this website and its content may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws and jurisdiction of England and Wales. From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are offered for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without the prior written consent of Spring Break Amsterdam.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In these booking conditions ‘you’ and ‘your’ means all persons named on the booking (including, anyone who is added or substituted at a later date) or any of them as the context requires. References to ‘we’, ‘our’, and ‘us’ are references to Spring Break Amsterdam. All references in these booking conditions to, “event”,“excursion”, “booking”, “contract”, “package”, “tour” or “arrangements” mean such package arrangements that you book with us in the UK and which we agree to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of our contract with you.
To make a booking, you must complete our booking form. This must be signed by the first named person on the booking (“party leader”). The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. By agreeing to the booking, the party leader confirms that he/she is also authorised. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us at this point. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age when the booking is made. The completed signed booking form must then be sent to us together with the payments referred to under the clause headed “Payment” stated in detail below. Subject to the availability of your chosen arrangements, we will confirm your excursion by issuing a verification invoice in the form of an e-ticket. This invoice will be sent to the party leader. Where you book through our website, any electronic acknowledgement of your booking is not a confirmation of it. Please check this invoice carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracies (for which we are responsible). Your full itinerary and any other relevant documentation will be sent to you before departure. Each individual is responsible for the validity of themselves entering into another country and Spring Break Amsterdam will not be held responsible. We will communicate with you by e-mail in relation to your booking. You must accordingly check your emails on a regular basis. We may also contact you by telephone and/or post if we cannot, for whatever reason, contact you by e-mail. Certain documents may need to be sent by post. References in these booking conditions to “send” and “in writing” include communication by e-mail.
If you wish to, you may contact us by way of email for any of the reasons mentioned in these booking conditions (for example, to request an adjustment) providing you do so to info@SpringBreakAmsterdam.co.uk.
- In order to confirm your chosen excursion, a deposit, the amount of which you will be advised of prior to booking (or full payment if booking within 8 weeks of departure), must be paid at the time of booking. If you wish to purchase the insurance policy we propose, all appropriate premiums must also be paid at the time of booking (you must be insured – please see the clause headed “Insurance” on the subject of insurance).
- The balance of the excursion outside of England must be received by us not less than 2 calendar months before departure. This date will be shown on the confirmation invoice. Reminders are not sent. Deposits are not refundable. If we do not receive all payments due (including any surcharge where applicable) in full and on time, we are entitled to assume that you wish to cancel your booking. In this case, you must pay the cancellation charges shown in the clause headed “Cancelling Your Place” below depending on the date we reasonably treat your booking as cancelled.
- If you do not pay or cancel your place in conjunction to our cancellation fees by the given deadline, we reserve the right to charge your full outstanding balance to the original card used for deposit payments 24 hours after the top-up deadline.
- Payments made are subject to a 12% booking fee which may change from time to time and in accordance with these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error.
Please note: We will only increase the price in the following circumstances: changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your booking, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that, plus an administration charge of £1.00 per person together with an amount to cover agents’ commission if applicable. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your original booking, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (if this is of equivalent or higher quality you will not have to pay more but if it is of lower quality you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges initiated. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place. As Spring Break Amsterdam are compliant with the risk of increased costs on your behalf, we are unable to reduce our prices or make any refunds if in fact costs reduce or exchange rates fluctuate favourably. a) All products are subject to availability. Contract A binding contract between us comes into existence when we despatch our booking confirmation to the party leader. We both agree that the jurisdiction of English Law (and no other) will pertain to your contract and to any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us (except as set out beneath). We both also agree that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description (and whether or not involving any personal injury) which arises between us must be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only and no other. London shall be the default position but the consumer shall have the option to change this, but only within the UK. Insurance: a) It is strongly recommended that you purchase a fully comprehensive travel insurance policy, which is appropriate and sufficient for your needs, and any activities you intend to take during your excursion, which we can assist you with. b) We cannot accept any liability or responsibility if you incur any loss, damage or expense as a result of your failure to take out insurance as referred to above. c) The insurance we offer is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Individuals will be required to fill out individual registration forms and provide a photographic identification upon checking into the hostel.
- Due to the room arrangements in the hostel; in some cases you may be required to share a double-bed with one of the people on the excursion. You may also be required to share with multiple personnel that are not on your booking.
- Every individual when in the hostel must observe to the following house terms and conditions. When returning to the hostel, please consider the other guests and keep all noise to a minimum. You will be liable to pay the full amount of any costs or expenses (for example refunds) incurred by the hotel or us which are related to noise caused by you. It is illegal to smoke in a non-smoking room. Anyone found doing so will be subject to a £150 charge to cover the costs of deep cleaning and/or be required to leave the hotel without refund or compensation. You must not touch or remove any fire fighting equipment unless needed in the event of an actual fire. Any misuse of such equipment may be a criminal offence and any costs, expenses or fines levied against the hotel or us will be charged to you. You are truthfully responsible for any damage you cause to the hostel, and/or your allocated room and its contents. Any damage to hostel property or reputation by you will result in the hostel reclaiming the amount incurred/required for compensation from you. The hostel also reserves the right to report to the police any wilful damage or disturbance caused by you, which may result in you being ejected from the hostel without compensation or refund and criminal charges possibly being brought against you. Failure to agree to these guidelines will result in you being asked to leave the hostel without compensation or refund. In this situation, we will have no further responsibility to award such person(s) including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination. Cancellation charges will apply.Should there be any damaged caused in the hostel and the hostel has a reasonable suspicion to suspect who caused it, we will cooperate with them by acting as a ‘third party’ and pass on your contact information from the details you gave us when you signed up. In booking with us you agree to our doing this.
- Should there be any damaged caused in the hostel and the hostel has a reasonable suspicion to suspect who caused it, we will cooperate with them by acting as a ‘third party’ and pass on your contact information from the details you gave us when you signed up. In booking with us you agree to our doing this.
- Spring Break Amsterdam reserves the right to change the hostel at any time before departure to a similar standard hostel due to availability fluctuations.
- In the unlikely case that a hostel cancels its allocations to the festival, Spring Break Amsterdam Ltd reserves the right to remove the hostel from a guests booking and will not be responsible or liable for any additional costs incurred by you for your replacement accommodation. A refund for the difference will be processed.
- Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee that any requests will be complied with unless we have specifically confirmed this in writing. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier on the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
- In some cases, we do have private two bed rooms in our hotels and hostels (dependant on availability) and all guests are able to place a £50 admin fee to secure these. This is based on the terms that there are two guests per room - a single guest cannot pay the fee and retain the room for themselves. Please note, this option is available for two bed rooms ONLY, room requests for larger rooms are not guaranteed at any point in this booking process. We reserve the right to cancel and refund the £50 admin fee for a private two bed room if, under unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances, these allocations are no longer available to us. In order to place this fee and retain your private two bedroom, please contact us for availability using the contact details provided on all documentation.
- If you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your excursion or has any special requirements as a result of any medical condition or disability (including any which affect the booking process), please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the arrangements and/or making the booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking and whenever any change in the condition or disability occurs. You must also promptly advise us if any medical condition or disability which may affect your excursion develops after your booking has been confirmed. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking or the condition / disability develops after booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
- We regret we cannot accept any conditional bookings, i.e. any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request. All such bookings will be treated as “standard” bookings subject to the above provisions on special requests. Departure and Arrival Times
- When travelling by coach you must be at your pick up point at least 30 minutes before the departure time. When travelling by plane you must be at the airport a minimum of two hours before departure. Final details of for both, including the pickup point location, will accompany your travel documents (or travel document pickup location).
- Regardless of mode of transport delays can occur for various reasons including, for example, due to weather conditions, accidents, mechanical failure, traffic, or some other specific reason or act of God. We regret that we cannot accept liability for any inconvenience or expenses you may incur as a result of delay.
- In the event of a delay due to mechanical failure or an accident involving any coach travel, we undertake to do our utmost to rectify the problem or to arrange an alternative vehicle. We will make every effort to operate coaches of the standard described, however, cannot accept a claim on the basis of an inferior vehicle being used as a relief or replacement or in cases of ‘Force Majeure’ as set out underneath. A delayed coach may necessitate reduced meal rest stops.
- The time of your departure will be clearly identified on your e-ticket and/or confirmation emails and travel information and it is your responsibility to be there in accordance.
- We are not liable for missed departures. In regards to coaches, the coach will leave at the exact time stated.
- There is strictly no drinking of alcohol on the coach.
- Baggage allowance when travelling by coach is one bag or suitcase for the hold (not to exceed 15 kilos per person). Luggage in the hold is not available during the journey and you are responsible to ensure they are put into the luggage compartment. Small hand luggage may be taken on board to carry toiletries, valuables, passport, money etc. We will not accept responsibility for any items left on board or for money and valuable items stored in the luggage compartment.
- Baggage allowance when travelling by plane may vary depending on the airline we use. This will be confirmed before the trip to allow you to pack accordingly and any extra information regarding baggage will be made clear. Your luggage and valuables are taken on board at your own risk and should follow airline rules and regulations in regards to responsibility etc.
Table of Top Up Dates
|Date of Purchase||Top-up Date|
|Before September 25th||September 25th|
|Sept 25th - Jan 21st||January 31st|
|Jan 22nd - Feb 28th||1 calendar month later|
|March 1st onwards||full payment upfront|
IMPORTANT:After Feb 1st 100% is owed on travel and accommodation and the table of cancellation percentages becomes void. This is due to the proximity to the event and the necessity for us to pay for your travel and accommodation to the third party suppliers immediately.
|Example 1: If you book on January 14th, you have the right to cancel and receive a full refund on travel and accom up until Jan 31st as this is the final day before 100% is owed on all trips for all guests.|
|Example 2: If you booked on December 1st, you could cancel up until December 21st and owe 0% on travel and accom as it falls within the 3 weeks 0% bracket.|
Free places or commission are guaranteed only after final payment has been received by Spring Break Amsterdam Festival.
If you or any members of your party wish to cancel your holiday, a charge may be made, as we will have incurred expenses in connection with your holiday.
The percentage cancellation charge will depend upon the time at which the cancellation payment is made, as determined by the ‘Table of Travel and accommodation cancellation Percentages’, the ’Festival ticket only cancellation’ section and the ‘The Table of Top up Dates’.
All cancellations must also be made in writing. Verbal cancellation is not acceptable.
All deposits are non-refundable. All additional extras including boat parties, VIP, pub crawls, discount wristbands and T-shirts are owed in full from the time of booking, as this money is owed to third party suppliers.
If you fail to make your scheduled top-up payment as determined by the ‘Table of Top up Dates’, fail to inform us of your cancellation in writing and/or fail to pay your cancellation fee as determined by the ‘Table of Travel and accommodation cancellation percentages’, we reserve the right to charge an automatic late payment fee of £50 per person.
Depending on the reason for the cancellation, you may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges under the terms of your insurance policy, which we strongly advise that you undertake. You must, however, pay the cancellation charges first and then seek a refund from the insurance company.
Cancelling Your Whole Group Booking:
Group bookings are placed by a “Lead Booker’ or “Group Leader” and are reliant on a specified minimum number of passengers booking in order for the trip to go ahead. The specified minimum number will be detailed in writing on the group deposit invoice. Should a group not reach the required number the group deposit will be lost.
If insufficient numbers result, Spring Break Amsterdam reserve the right to cancel your holiday at our discretion. Sometimes it is necessary to allow bookings to remain open for extended periods so that the group has a better chance of reaching the minimum number of passengers required for the trip to go ahead. In this case it can often result in passengers being informed of a holiday cancellation at short notice. Spring Break Amsterdam will not be held responsible for any inconvenience caused as a result of cancelled trip due to insufficient numbers. Should Spring Break Amsterdam cancel your booking due to insufficient numbers all passengers will be refunded in full less a £10 administration fee and any online card charges incurred. Should a group not reach the required number Spring Break Amsterdam reserve the right to merge groups (share transport with other groups) where possible in order to salvage the holiday for group members that have paid in full.
If one or more of the group fails to make the scheduled top-up payment as determined by the ‘Table of Top up Dates’, fail to inform us of their requested cancellation in writing and/or fail to pay your cancellation fee as determined by the ‘Table of Travel and accommodation cancellation percentages’ and ‘Festival only ticket cancellation’ section, we reserve the right to charge the groups total full outstanding balance to the original card used for deposit payments 24 hours after the top-up deadline and an automatic late payment fee of £50 per person as well as a the amount owed per person.
Under these circumstances the Lead Booker is fully liable for any outstanding costs they or their guests may have.
Travel and Accommodation Cancellations Percentages
Cancellation charges for travel and accommodation may increase depending on when you make the cancellation payment as determined by cancellation percentages table below.
Table of Travel and Accommodation Cancellations Percentages
|Under 3 weeks after booking you owe 0% of the total for travel and accommodation|
|3 weeks after booking you owe 25% of the total for travel and accommodation|
|4 weeks after booking you owe 50% of the total for travel and accommodation|
|5 weeks after booking you owe 75% of the total for travel and accommodation|
|6 week after you book, you owe 100% of the total for travel and accommodation|
IMPORTANT: After Feb 1st 100% is owed on travel and accommodation and the table of cancellation percentages becomes void. This is due to the proximity to the event and the necessity for us to pay for your travel and accommodation to the third party suppliers immediately.
Festival ticket only cancellation:
Where a deposit has been placed for a Festival only Ticket, only the deposit is owed, if the ticket is cancelled in writing before the top up deadline as determined by ‘The Table of Top up Dates’.
Verbal cancellation is not acceptable. All full tickets are non-refundable.
If you fail to make a payment or fail to inform us of your cancellation for your festival ticket before your top up deadline, as determined by ‘The Table of Top up Dates’ we reserve the right to charge an automatic late payment fee of £50 per person. We may also treat your failure to pay as a cancellation.
Depending on the reason for the cancellation, you may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges under the terms of your insurance policy, which we strongly advise that you undertake. You must, however, pay the cancellation charges first and then seek a refund from the insurance company.
Changing Your Booking
After our confirmation has been issued, changes should be notified in writing and if we can comply, a charge per person per change will be made (including name changes). Any alteration within 8 weeks of departure; change of accommodation/departure date/resort, may be considered as a cancellation and subject to cancellation charges. You may add extra members to your booking at any time, providing you have first checked availability with us and payments are made for additional people. We cannot guarantee that changes will be possible, you must notify us of any changes in writing or by telephone and we will endeavour to make the changes. All amendments may be subject to an administration fee. The following charges apply; Name change – There will be a £20 administration charge for any name changes made to a booking. In addition, we insist that it is done within the following conditions: The booking does not include services provided by suppliers who will consider the booking cancelled if changes are made. Your arrangements remain exactly the same as the original booking iii. The replacement person takes on the exact cost of your holiday as paid by you. Any cost by a third party to change the booking will have to be covered by the passenger or the replacement person. You must put your request to transfer your booking in writing That person signs a booking form or signals in writing their acceptance of the terms of our agreement. That person must comply with all noted terms and conditions, specifically regarding adequate insurance cover. This is because any premiums paid by the original booker cannot be refunded vii. You will remain responsible for the payment of any balances relating to your holiday should that person be in default of payment. Accommodation or date change – £15 per booking Downgrade or cancellation of options – £15 per booking Cancellations regarding tickets to on site events – £10 per booking Upgrade or option additions made by telephone call – £10 per booking Accommodation and travel seats etc are only available to the people named on your documentation. It is a breach of contract for anyone to sell or give such accommodation or seats to another person without our knowledge and agreement of Spring Break Amsterdam. All booking amendments must be initiated by the designated group leader only.
If We Make A Change To or Cancel Your Booking
We start planning the excursions we offer many months in advance. Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors in our brochure and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings. Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. Please note, our excursions require a minimum number of participants to enable us to operate them. If the minimum number of bookings required for a particular excursion have not been received, we are entitled to cancel it. We will notify you of cancellation for this reason at least 4 weeks prior to departure. In this case, we will offer you the options shown below. Cancellation for lack of numbers is at our discretion and occasionally we may decide to operate a tour even though the minimum number has not been reached. Most changes are minor. Occasionally, we have to make a “significant change”. A significant change is a change made before departure which, taking account of the information you give us at the time of booking and which we can reasonably be expected to know as a tour operator, we can reasonably expect to have a major effect on your excursion. Significant changes are likely to include the following changes when made before departure; a change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard for the whole or a major part of the time you are away, a change of accommodation area for the whole or a major part of the time you are away, a change of outward departure time of 12 or more hours, a change of UK departure point to one which is more inconvenient for you and, in the case of tours, a significant change of itinerary missing out one or more major destination substantially or altogether. If a significant change to your holiday arrangements is made to the holiday you have booked and for which you have received a confirmation invoice, or if we cancel the holiday within 4 weeks of the original departure date, you may choose to:
- Accept the changed arrangements as notified to you by us (this may involve a change of resort).
- Purchase a replacement holiday from us, of at least the same standard if available (and paying supplement or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference)
- Cancel your holiday and receive a full and prompt refund of all monies paid to us. We will pay compensation as detailed unless the change is for reasons beyond our control as described below. We will always refund the difference in price if the replacement holiday is of a lower standard and price. You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer of alternative holiday arrangements. If you do not, we will assume your acceptance of the new holiday arrangement. No compensation is payable for minor changes. Minor changes do not entitle you to cancel or change to another holiday without paying our nominal charges: If we do have to make a significant change, one which involves a change of resort, a change of departure point, and a change of departure time by more than 12 hours or accommodation to that of a lower standard of classification we will pay per person a minimum compensation of; Notification of major change more than 28 days before departure £0, 0-28 days £5 pp. We shall be under no further liability to you, nor shall we be liable for any costs or expenses outside the holiday cost. Compensation will not be paid to adults or children travelling on free places but will be paid on a pro rata rate of the adult rate if children have paid a child price. If a significant change is made as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control , the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with due care which include but are not limited to those circumstances set out under the heading Force Majeure compensation we regret cannot be paid. We regret we cannot meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result of any change. No compensation will be applicable where the group leader has failed to sign up the agreed minimum number of passengers. All refunds provided will be paid within 1 month of the refund being approved by a member of the Spring Break Amsterdam team.
If we have to cancel your booking: We may sometimes be forced to cancel a holiday as all holidays are subject to a minimum number of clients. This happens on very rare occasions when it becomes impossible to run a particular holiday. We must therefore reserve the right to cancel holiday arrangements at our discretion. Where your holiday is cancelled other than due to your default in payment or failure to obtain the minimum number of passengers, we will offer you the choice of either purchasing an alternative holiday of at least the same standard (if available), (and paying or receiving a refund in respect of any price difference) or receiving a full and immediate refund of all monies paid to us. In addition, we will pay you compensation as set out above subject to the following exceptions. Compensation will not be payable and liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices cannot be accepted where we are forced to make a change as above subject to the following exceptions. No compensation shall be payable if we cancel as a result of your failure to make up all payments due in full and on time or failure to obtain the minimum number of passengers. iii. In all cases, our liability is limited to offering the above choices and the compensation set out as noted (where applicable). We regret we cannot meet any expenses or costs you incur as a result of any cancellation. No compensation is payable where we cancel more than 4 weeks before departure. Very rarely, we may be forced to cancel or curtail your holiday after the date of departure where circumstances amounting to ‘force majeure’ (as described below) occur. In this very unusual situation we regret we cannot make any refunds, pay any compensation or be responsible for any costs or expenses you may incur as a result. Force Majeure Except where otherwise expressly specified in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of “force majeure”. In these booking conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include, whether actual or threatened, war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
Once the booking form has been signed, it is your responsibility to ensure you behave accordingly whilst on the excursion. Furthermore you must ensure that:
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- All local laws relating to the consumption of alcohol are at all times obeyed.
- You do not smoke in a hostel bedroom, caravan, club or apartment, or act in any way that could cause a fire hazard.
- You act in a responsible way and do not behave in a way likely to cause damage to property or offence or danger, to other people.
- You are aware that you are responsible for any damage or loss caused, which must be paid at the time direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claim subsequently made against us as a result as well as our own and the suppliers legal costs.
- If the behaviour of any member of your party on the excursion is causing or is considered likely to cause offence, danger, damage to property and/or distress to others, we reserve the right at all times, without prior notice, to terminate the excursion of the person(s) concerned or, at our discretion, that of the whole party. If, for example any coach driver, accommodation owner or manager, or senior member of our staff, considers that the behaviour is unacceptable they are authorised to terminate a booking wherever and whenever necessary and require the person(s) to leave the accommodation or property. In this situation, we will have no further responsibility to award such person(s) including any return travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination, cancellation charges will apply.
Dealing with Problems If a complaint arises you should report it as quickly as possible to our representative or agent and the supplier so that efforts can be made to rectify it to your satisfaction. Our representative or emergency contact can deal with most problems on the spot. If we are unable to resolve matters, you must email us at email@example.com within 28 days of return, explaining the problem fully. If a complaint can’t be amicably settled, it may be referred for resolution to the arbitration scheme arranged by ABTA (see below).
Our Liability to You
- We promise to do our very best, that the excursion arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted excursion arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted excursion arrangements. Please note, it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
- We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your excursion and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or – is due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or – an event which we, or our employees, agents, suppliers and subcontractors, could not, even with all due care, have foreseen or forestalled. ‘force majeure’ as defined in the clause headed “Force Majeure” above
- Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hostel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised by us and we have not agreed to arrange them as part of our contract and any excursion you purchase in resort. In addition, regardless of any wording used by us on our website, in any advertising material or elsewhere, we only promise to use reasonable skill and care as set out above and we do not have any greater or different liability to you.
- The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract – and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred – will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK.
- You must ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect your personal belongings Spring Break Amsterdam will not be responsible for any damage or liable for any losses.
- Where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and/or off the transport concerned) provided by any sea, rail or road carrier or any stay in a hostel to which any international convention or EU regulation applies, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier or hotelier concerned would have to pay under the international convention or regulation which applies to the travel arrangements or hotel stay in question (for example the Athens Convention for international travel by sea). Please note: where a carrier or hotelier would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable international convention or regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the carrier or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question. Copies of the applicable international conventions and regulations are available from us on request.
- Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
- You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set above. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred. Conditions of Suppliers.
Many of the services which make up your excursion are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable international conventions (see “Our Liability to You” above). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions and of the international conventions are available on request from ourselves or the supplier concerned.
On the Event
You will be asked for proof of age identification at any or all of our participating venues. only a Passport and/or driver’s licence photo-card will be accepted for the purpose of proving that you are over the age of 18 years. If you have no such proof of age identification this may result in entry to any and/or all of our participating venues being refused. Refunds will not be possible under any circumstances if this occurs. No student or NUS cards will be accepted as proof of age identification. Incorrect forms of identification will result in entry to any and/or all of our participating venues being refused. Refunds will not be possible under any circumstances if this occurs. At certain venues, you may be asked to produce your NUS or student Card to prove your student status. You must ensure that you bring your NUS or Student Card identification with you to each event and present the identification at each venue, upon request. If you fail to provide this, any of our participating venues have the right to refuse you entry to any venue and/or all venues. Refunds will not be possible under any circumstances if this occurs. Any wristband or t-shirt which you purchase for any Spring Break Amsterdam event is/are only valid on the date specified and printed on the front and reverse of the t-shirt/t-shirts which you have purchased and any t-shirt/t-shirts is/are subject to sub clause 7 beneath. We will not be responsible for any wristbands or t-shirts that are lost or stolen. We are unable to accept any liability or replace any wristbands/t-shirts lost, stolen or damaged after they have been received by you. Participating venues and Spring Break Amsterdam accept no responsibility for any personal property. This includes any property deposited in any cloakrooms, at any of our participating venues. In booking with us you consent to being filmed, photographed and/or recording as a participant in an Spring Break Amsterdam club night. The use of any photographs, film or recorded material taken will be solely used for the purposes of our marketing operations, to include, flyers, posters, banners and any form of digital marketing practices operated by Spring Break Amsterdam.
In accordance with “The Package Travel , Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992″ all passengers booking with Spring Break Amsterdam are fully insured for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of monies paid as detailed in your booking confirmation form. The policy will also include repatriation if required, arising from the cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Spring Break Amsterdam.
Website / advertising material accuracy
Information We Request
Right From You Our Site’s registration forms, order forms, surveys, competitions and prize draws require you to give us personal information (like your name, address and/or email address). If you are ordering tickets, you will be asked to provide financial information (like your account or credit card numbers).
Your IP Address
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Site. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you. Your IP address may also be used to assist in the detection of fraud and we may pass this information to the police.
How We Use Personal Information
Your personal information is shared between Spring Break Amsterdam and its suppliers for the particular event for which you are purchasing. Your personal information is used by us to contact you by phone or by email when necessary in connection with transactions entered into by you on the Site. If you sign up as a member of our Site, you will be notified of upcoming events and offers put forward by Spring Break Amsterdam. This notification will be electronic, either by SMS or email, or both. You are given the opportunity to unsubscribe to this service unsubscribing via the links provided at the footer of our electronic communication. From time to time, Spring Break Amsterdam may contact you by email, with information or offers regarding upcoming events, products, services or customer surveys. If you do not wish to be contacted by Spring Break Amsterdam about upcoming events, products, services or surveys please use the unsubscribe facility which is displayed at the footer of any of our electronic marketing material.
You may opt out of any of Spring Break Amsterdam’s regular email contact at any time even if you have previously indicated your consent to such contact at some other time by replying with the word “unsubscribe” to any marketing materials that you may receive from us.
Carefully Selected Third Parties
Depending on your selection when you are make a booking or creating an account, your personal information may also be provided to carefully selected third parties that may contact you by post or email with information or offers regarding their goods and services.
How We Use Financial Information
Financial information that is collected is used to authorise payment and bill you for products and services. When you make a purchase on the Site, your consent is given to provide your financial or personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies and banks. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Except as provided above, we will not share financial information with third parties. Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Financial Information in Compliance with Laws You should be aware that we may release your personal information or financial information when we believe it is necessary to comply with laws or regulations, to assist law enforcement, to enforce the terms under which you transacted with Spring Break Amsterdam or to protect the rights, property or safety of Spring Break Amsterdam, users of the Site or others.
Transfer of Personal Information
How We Use Demographic Information
Demographic information is statistical data about our purchasers’ age, gender, location etc. We use this demographic information to shape our Site to the interests of our users. This information may be shared with advertisers only on an aggregate basis so that they can tailor their advertisements to the appropriate audience. “On an aggregate basis” means that your personal details would not be identifiable in the demographic information that we may use with advertisers.
Other Sites/Third Party Vendors and their Privacy Policies
This Site may contain links to other web sites. Spring Break Amsterdam Promotions is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites or for the privacy policies and practices of other third parties, and so you should be careful to read those web sites’ privacy policies independently. Our Security Precautions Your online debit/credit card transaction payments are made through the trusted Google Checkout payment gateway or PayPal. All payment processes are carried out directly between your browser and the Google Checkout site or PayPal (unless recharged), using the latest state of the art security tools and techniques for your protection.
Those people employed by Spring Break Amsterdam whether as stewards, hall reps, city reps, event reps and city managers have a duty to declare any income they receive as a result of their affiliation of any employment by Spring Break Amsterdam. Spring Break Amsterdam has no duty to declare this on their behalf. If employed as a Rep, it is your responsibility to get insurance in the event of accidents, illness and lost possessions in accordance with your contract of employment with Spring Break Amsterdam. People employed by Spring Break Amsterdam either as a Rep or as a Promoter will be paid in the week after the event has finished at the latest.
Spring Break Amsterdam Jobs
- Delivery Policy – Confirmation will be electronically delivered within three working days and this will include information regarding delivery of further information and material.
- Refund / Cancelation Policy – The Stage One Application Fee is non-refundable, any cancellations will forfeit the deposit. Spring Break Amsterdam remains the right to charge an appropriate cancellation fee.
- Contact us – info@SpringBreakAmsterdam.co.uk.